Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Art Deco Travel Poster

Description: To create this travel poster I first researched other art deco styled travel posters. After, I chose the destination I wished to represent ad started sketching ideas I had and found some tutorials I thought could help me create the piece I wanted. I then found a few photos to chose from that i could manipulate into my poster. I created my photoshop document and using my tutorial and other knowledge, put the pictures and text together to make the poster

Tutorial: The tutorial I used taught how to give a photo a watercolored effect. It can be found here. To the right is my completed tutorial project. I applied this effect to two photos in my poster to make them blend better into the theme.


Images:Above are the original images I decided to use in my poster. To the left is a picture of the Sydney Opera House and to the right is the bridge that resides nearby.


Final Product: 
Here is my final travel poster to Sydney Australia.

  • I used my tutorial for the two pictures as well as some new tools.
  •  I used how to use the wave tool to get a slight water effect on the blue beneath the opera house
  • I used opacity to create the dark blue border and add slight definition to the opera house
  • I learned how to use the rulers to line my pictures up properly
  • I learned how to effectively organize layers individually and in folders
  • I learned how to use the magic wand tool to subtract from the image

2 comments:

  1. ...travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living.
    Flights to Windhoek

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this poster for sale by any chance?

    ReplyDelete